Sunday, June 27, 2010

Emanuel~ God With Us (our accident)

Well, as you saw we were in an accident last night....this morning. Midnight.

We had been at our friends for some hot dogs, swimming, coffee and games. It was getting later than we realized, and the kids were tired, so we headed home.

As we pulled off, I asked my husband not to take the interstate b/c it makes me nervous.....long stretch with no exits, no lights, and a Saturday night. He did as I asked. *sigh*

We were traveling east on a 4 lane highway (two lanes in each direction) that is separated only by a turning lane between the sides.

I was looking down when it initially began. At the sound of the horn of my truck and the jolt of my husband hitting the brakes, I looked up. It "appeared" to me that someone was turning in front of us from the westbound side. And that is what I thought happened....until the officers explained to me the skid marks later.

We hit them.....hard. They ended up behind us in the lane we were originally in. We ended up on the shoulder.....next to a ditch that we could have rolled into...but didn't. They drove their car to the shoulder and parked in front of us.

My husband looked at all of us then jumped out. I sureveyed the kids......all were fine. Some crying, but not hurt....scared. The baby, Naterbug, SLEPT through the entire thing. He was the only one I had the EMT check, jsut to make sure.

After assuring the kids that we were fine, I got out and called 911. The people in the other car were getting out of their car, I told them I had 911 on the phone not to worry, asked if they were hurt. The lady said, "no, I don't care about 911! I need to call my people!!" There were quite a few other words, but I left those out.....you can imagine. The man got out holding his side, crawling/walking like Mowgli towards us. He was stopping cars asking to be brought to the hospital. But when the EMT's got there, he didn't want to go.

By the grace of God, our friend's that we jsut left from were able to come meet us there. They were a great support. Helping check on the kids while Joey and I dealt with the things we needed to.

Also, my other friends jsut so happen to have the same number of kids as we do and at 1 a.m. drove out to where we were to help get me and the kids home in their viehicle. Thank you, Jesus for them!!

Right before i was leaving the scene, the officers came over to me to ask what I saw. I told them it appeared to me (by the time I looked up) that someone was turning left in front of us. They were in amazement......these officers who have seen accidents and horrible things were shocked. The skid marks showed that the other car was NOT in the wetsbound, or even the turning lanes. They were in the left-hand EAST bound lane....but driving west. When they hit their brakes, they veered into our lane and we should have hit HEAD ON. But God.

Not only did we NOT end up rolling into the ditch from the impact, but, somehow, thought the skid marks say it should have hit like that, it didn't. their whoole front end was pushed in. My driverside headlight on down is pushed in and the driverside tire and that whoel area is destroyed. ??????

God's hand was on my family. NOT ONE of my children had an injury. NO scratches. Nothing. Lily bumped her head on the carseat in front of her...but not even enough to leave a mark. AMAZING. The EMT's and the officers couldn't get over how calm and peaceful the kids were. Sure, initially there were a couple fussing and they were all scared, but they sat in their seats calmly and quietly throughout. There was a sense of peace around my vehicle. The other people were carrying on something awful. Cursing up a storm.....getting angry....the people that they called to come help almost got arrested for being rowdy. But we were ok.

The tow truck company that came, jsut happens to be for a friend of my husband's uncle. Who our friend so happens to work for. Coincidence??? Uh, nope.

God was protecting us. His favor was upon us. His peace was surrounding us. He totally took care of us.

I am sitting here singing praise and worship to Him. He is mighty to save. Though I stumble daily, and sin daily....He is still faithful to forgive. And His love is unconditional. He will NEVER leave me nor forsake me.

If not for God......I dare not entertain what could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment