Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blessings Abound!

I know that I am blessed. But recently, the Lord has been impressing upon my heart just how blessed I am.

My bff (best friend forever) has been sayng something lately: "what can I be thankful for?" And sure, you say "I am healthy, I have a home...etc." But, do we ever stop long enough to realize just HOW blessed we are?

Stopping and taking in the fact that many people are out of work, while you have a job. It may not be the job of your dreams. It may have lost it's awesomeness long ago, but you HAVE a job. You are not stuck somewhere trying desperately to get hired while no one is hiring. You are blessed.

Have you thought about that roof over your head? "Yeah, I have a roof over my head," you say in passing. But have you stopped to think of the millions of people around the world who do not? How many times do you complain about that leaky faucet, that run down looking porch, having to cut the grass, needing to clean that toilet....without even thinking about how blessed you are to have those things to complain about?

"I don't want to eat the chicken in the freezer! I wish I had money to go out to eat," we whine. While a bowl of rice is a feast to some. A sandwhich handed out with a bottled water from a stranger is the only meal some have had in 4 days. Looking into a refridgerator filled with milk, cheese, butter, eggs, leftovers, fruit, you name it and sighing because we have "nothing to eat." Wow. How very blessed we are indeed.

When you are in the midst of complaining because your car payment is due, or the guy in the drive thru messed your order up again, or the neighbor just got a brand new '10 vehicle while you are 'stuck' with a stinky old '08 model car...stop and think of how truly blessed you really are.

Blessings abound all around you.

Yes, you have your health. You have your home (be it owned by you or rented). You have your job, your kids, food, etc. But don't be so lax about those things. They are indeed blessings that many many people go without.

Today......you are blessed. In all of your circumstances you can still be blessed. You just have to look around.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Indeed, I'm blessed in many ways. And I have learned (albeit the HARD way) to not take for granted those blessings.

    Be it my home, my kids, my husband, the fact I can be a SAH mom....or my eyesight (that is once again in jeopardy, due to complications).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Nawlins I am going to share this on my blog and my FB.

    Love you girl! Thank you for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it.. how weasy it is to forget sometimes

    ReplyDelete