Monday, February 8, 2010

The Game of the Year!

WOW.

Just wow.

Really.

You had to be dead to not get emotional about this game. This game had so much more wrapped up in it than who gets a trophy.


I don't know how anyone could miss the screams and WHO DAT's that came streaming through the air last night. You could hear the people from 2 streets over in my nieghborhood. There were fireworks going off. Nieghbors were dancing together. Strangers hugged and high fived. It was electric.

And it was not even just around here in this area. It was state-wide.....it even stretched to the rest of the country.

It was so much more than just our football team winning. So much more. It was a long overdue validation. It was a realization that "hey.....we really can do jsut about anything!" It was uniting us once more.

New Orleans. A city that had such destruction ravage it just a few years ago. A city that has been fighting to get better. A city that refuses to give up, now has seen that their hope is not in vain.

God has blessed us. He chose to use the Superbowl to restore hope. He chose to use those players, those coaches and that team as a whole.

This city, no - this state has so much to look forward to. Where there is Hope renewed, mighty things can happen.

We witnessed not only history last night, but the beginning of a whole new outlook for our city and state and all who dwell here. They will forever remember where they were and who they were with when we saw the Saints march to victory. My prayer is that they will forever remember the Hope that came with it and look towards all that we can accomplish together!

2 comments:

  1. YEP YEP YEP Girl ya know I was screaming like an idiot through the game .. When the Saints intercepted that pass and took it 75 yd to that touchdownnnn.. I was screaming even louderrrrr.. Then the Colts got pissy and started doing stupid fouls and for Peyton Manning to walk off the field without congratulating the Saints on their win.. WRONG and he should be ashamed PERIOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the only Saints girl in the house. When that TD was ran down the field, I was almost running like a dang fool myself right along with him. If I had a Dolly Parton chest, the girls would have been bouncing so hard, I couldn't have seen the screen.

    As for Manning, I *just* blogged about his 'sportsmanship' in my It's News To Me blog. Let's just say, I have lost SOME respect for the man.

    ReplyDelete